Nine organisations have been funded by Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (DCCSDS) to deliver the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Participant Readiness initiative to members of the Queensland Community. Each organisation has been tasked to use their expertise to support community members living with a range of disabilities, both in physical and mental health, to prepare for the NDIS.
Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland (MIFQ) are working to support individuals living with mental illness, their families and carers to have clear understanding of the NDIS and how it will work for them.
The NDIS MI Way Initiative from MIFQ seeks to support individuals so they are empowered, have knowledge, confidence, choice and control when the NDIS is implemented in Queensland from July 2016. The NDIS MI Way Initiative will include the latest research and up-to-date data, incorporating information from the NDIA, Peak Bodies, existing launch sites, consultants, and state and federal governments.
NDIS MI Way will encompass:
- Easy to use and up-to-date information and reference material – CHECK OUT OUR NEW FAQ’s Document here!
- Resources in a range of formats
- Direct contact number 1800 985 944 and links with Mi Networks – a front door to mental health information, support and referral
- Social Media; Twitter and Instagram @NDIS_MI_Way
- Information sessions and workshops in a range of local communities across Queensland for individuals, carers and their families. See our Events page for more information about dates and venues.
- A shared community understanding through recruitment of local NDIS ‘Champions’. MIFQ believes that the expertise and genuine understanding of individuals with lived experience and their families and carers, are best placed to facilitate the workshops and information delivery to the community.
For more information about Participant Workshops contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Susan on 1800 985944
All nine NDIS Readiness Projects across Queensland are rolling out now, with multiple sessions in many local communities, find out more here.